Friday 13 June 2014







Going Under Teaser #1
 Claire Deveraux’s POV
 I’ve stolen glances at him during cheerleading practice over the last two weeks when I was certain Forbes wasn’t watching me. I’ve never clearly seen his face, not even the day Forbes talked shit to him about this truck, so he’s been a mystery in my mind. His helmet and face mask no longer obstruct my view and I now see the proof that he is so much more handsome than I originally guessed. His hair is darker than I thought and spiky on top. His pale blue stare is piercing, his eyes breathtaking, and I have to force myself to not become lost in them. “Pardon me, princess. I didn’t mean to block your way.” His voice is velvety smooth, but I don’t mistake its coolness. It clearly conveys the contempt he feels for me and that immediately raises my hellcat flag. This guy does not know me and therefore has nothing to base his aversion on. He’s judging me––and making assumptions––just like everyone else in my life. I’m immediately angry with him for making presumptions about who I am, but I’m far more furious with myself for finding him so captivating. I taste the bitter reaction on my tongue as it manifests in the form of a verbal insult. “Asshole.” He laughs and places his hand over the left side of his chest. “I felt that like a blade straight to my heart.” I’m pissed and the bastard is enjoying it. I push past him. “Screw you. And my name is not ‘princess.’ It’s Claire. If you’re going to insult me, at least have the decency to get my name right.” “I think I’ll stick with princess. It suits you better,” I hear him call behind me, laughing.

 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13380138-going-under?from_search=true

No comments:

Post a Comment